Mavinprep copyright © 2017 all rights reserved.
Mavin Learning Resources strives to ignite our students’ passion in learning. Our office provides Personalized College Consulting & Application Assistance, College Essays, Academic Tutoring and Test Prep.
We’re looking for English Tutors: We want tutors who are passionate about teaching and have fully mastered the subjects they teach to join our expanding team.
Under general supervision of Center Administrative Staff, provide instruction to student, work cooperatively with parents and their child to determine educational goals and objectives, create individualized curriculum/learning plans; assist the parents and/or student so that the student can meet or exceed educational standards and reach their full potential; performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 2-5 years of teaching experience
- Experience in tutoring or teaching high school English highly preferred.
- ESL Experience Preferred*
- Experience in working with students from different cultural backgrounds.
- Develop curriculum for specific learning.
- Motivate student to engage in the instruction.
- Plan, prepare and present lessons tailored towards the student’s individual needs and abilities.
- Ensure each course of study meets the goals and objectives of the student.
- Evaluate student progress and develop a plan of action for continuing achievement.
- Prepare instructional materials.
- Prepare lesson plans to meet goals identified in students’ individualized study plans.
CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO GIVE A 10 MINUTE DEMONSTRATION LESSON AFTER INTERVIEW